The Working Holiday Visa has a 6 month limitation but there are exemptions to this rule – please see below for the January 2024 update!
From 1 January 2024, until further government decisions, you can work for the same employer in Australia for more than 6 months without asking permission if your work is:
- in different locations and work in any one location does not exceed 6 months
- in plant and animal cultivation anywhere in Australia
- in certain industries, including aged care and disability services, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, construction and mining, in northern Australia only (see Northern Australia)
- natural disaster recovery work
- in critical sectors, including agriculture, food processing, health, aged and disability care and childcare, anywhere in Australia
- in the critical sector of tourism and hospitality anywhere in Australia.
For any other situations not covered above, you must ask for our permission to work longer than 6 months with one employer.
This is great news that they have now included “Health” and hopefully, they will keep this rule permanently but it does mention “until further government decisions” so we will keep an eye out for any further updates.
One of Rosie’s main roles is to make the registration process run as smoothly/easily as possible and she is always happy to support with registration applications for those that would like to be placed in a role through us!
Registration help with Rosie – AHPRA – COMMON MISTAKES/ERRORS
Our Australian adventure
OT Lauren moves to Newcastle NSW with her family!
It has been a dream of mine to move to Australia ever since I can remember. After a lot of planning and organizing and a lot of Goodbyes, finally my dream has come to life.
SLT Leah shares her experience of moving to Sydney!